B6, 26, Room C 1.03
Tel.: +49 (0) 621 181 27 37
Office hours: Please feel free to come over any time!
REMOVE_THISerman (at) informatik.uni-mannheim.de
I am a computer scientist with a master degree in Computational Logic (TU-Wien/TU-Dresden 2012). My primary interest is at the intersection of logic, decision theory and game theory. In particular, I like to pursue research on foundations, and investigate algorithmic and conceptual aspects of problems. Currently, I carry out my PhD studies under the supervision of Prof. Heiner Stuckenschmidt in Artificial Intelligence group. My PhD research focuses on building automated decision-making frameworks using knowledge representation languages (e.g., probabilistic first order logic, description logics).
The paper "Group Reasoning in Social Environments" co-authored with Gianluigi Greco and Marco Manna got accepted in AAMAS 2017.
The paper "Multiattribuite Decision Making with Weighted Description Logics" co-authored with Christian Meilicke, Manuel Fink, Camilo Thorne and Heiner Stuckenschmidt got accepted in IfCoLog Journal of Logics and their Applications.
- Knowledge Representation (Description Logics, Non-monotonic Logics, Semantic Web, Belief Merging)
- Algorithmic Decision Theory (Ambiguity, Preference Representation)
- Algorithmic Game Theory (Coalitional Games, Nash Equilibrium)
- Computational Social Choice Theory (Voting, Fair Division, Judgment Aggregation)
- Decision Support (HWS 2014) (Exercise Session)
- Nico Potyka, Erman Acar, Matthias Thimm and Heiner Stuckenschmidt Group decision making via probabilistic belief merging. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Fifth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IJCAI 2016, New York, NY, USA, 9-15 July 2016; 3623-3629. IJCAI/AAAI Press, New York, NY, 2016.
- Erman Acar, Manuel Fink, Christian Meilicke and Heiner Stuckenschmidt uDecide: A protégé plugin for multiattribute decision making. In: K-CAP 2015 : Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, Palisades, NY, USA, October 7-10, 2015; Article 23. ACM, New York, NY, 2015.
- Erman Acar, Camilo Thorne and Heiner Stuckenschmidt Towards decision making via expressive probabilistic ontologies. In: Lecture notes in computer scienceAlgorithmic Decision Theory : 4th International Conference, ADT 2015, Lexington, KY, USA, September 27-30, 2015, Proceedings; 52-68. Springer, Cham, 2015.
- Thomas Bosch, Erman Acar, Andreas Nolle and Kai Eckert The role of reasoning for RDF validation. In: Semantics 2015 : Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Semantic Systems, Vienna, Austria, September 15-17, 2015; 33-40. ACM, New York, NY, 2015.
- Thomas Bosch, Andreas Nolle, Erman Acar and Kai Eckert RDF validation requirements - evaluation and logical underpinning. , Mannheim, 2015.
- Erman Acar Computing Subjective Expected Utility using Probabilistic Description Logics . In: Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and ApplicationsSTAIRS 2014 : Proceedings of the 7th European Starting AI Researcher Symposium; 21-30. IOS Press, Clifton, Va. [u.a.], 2014.
- Erman Acar and Christian Meilicke Multi-Attribute Decision Making using Weighted Description Logics. In: CEUR Workshop ProceedingsPRUV 2014 : Proceedings of the First Workshop on Logics for Reasoning about Preferences, Uncertainty, and Vagueness co-located with 7th International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR 2014) Vienna, Austria, July 23-24, 2014; 1-14. RWTH, Aachen, 2014.
- The Review of Symbolic Logic (Journal)
- 28th Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence Conference (AAAI 2014)
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- The 2015 Conference on Empirical Methods on Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2015)
- The 8th International Conference on Knowledge Science, Engineering and Management (KSEM 2015)